[Trlog] For those of you who use the bandmap

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] For those of you who use the bandmap
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:43:36 -0800
After some discussions with a few of you, it dawned on me how the
bandmap should be working when using two radios.  This is pretty
exciting - finding a major improvement to the bandmap operation
this late in the life of the program.

And it seems so simple.

And it solves the long time issue of the window in the upper right
disappearing for no good reason.

This new feature assumes you are also using the bandmap.  And if you
are one of those using packet to fill up your band map - you might even
be more excited than the rest of us.

Essentially - the feature is this.  If you tune into an entry on the
bandmap - and it is not a dupe - it will be setup for you to work as
if you did press Alt-D.

This might have been a feature that KK1L added - but I think I might
have ripped it out at some point - not fully understanding what it was
trying to do.

Now for the bad news - this was some major surgery to the program.  Unless
you have some time to play around with it and convince yourself that it is
working to your satisifaction, I would not suggest trying it so close to
the contest.

The current version with this is TR684 - which I consider a beta test
copy.  I will post it to www.kkn.net/~tree shortly.  There will likely
be a TR685 later today or tomorrow - to fix any rough edges found in
the beta testing (or my continued testing).  My brain is pretty used up
at the moment, so I am going to rest some before doing any more hacking
on it.

Tree