[Trlog] M/M logs - how to handle

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] M/M logs - how to handle
From: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:15:45 -0500
And now, for a change of pace from 6.85, etc....

Although I've been using TRLog for about 10 years, it's always been as a
SO. Recently, a group of us from our small club here in northwestern VA
went up to Pennsylvania to operate in-state during the PA QSO Party as a
M/M set up in a FD type environment at farm owned by one of our members. We
had 5 stations set up: 40CW, 40SSB, 20CW/SSB, 80CW&15CW/SSB, and 80SSB. I
was in charge of the logging and set up each station with TRLog to insert a
unique ID letter after the serial numbers in each log. The stations were
not networked together.

What I chose to do was to use POST to combine all of the logs into one
complete log (then I had to import the this .dat file into Excel to figure
out the arcane scoring used by the PAQP folks, but that's another
story...). Then this combined log plus dupe sheets were sent in to the PAQP.

If this QP were a real contest, how would the log(s) be handled for
submission? Separate Cabrillo files for each band? A single Cabrillo file
for the combined logs? Do you leave the letter ID's in the serial numbers?
What do the "real" M/M stations do? We may try something like this again.

Thanks - John, W4AU