[Trlog] LOG.TMP problem with 6.85

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] LOG.TMP problem with 6.85
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 04:41:03 +0000
This has now happened twice - lost the what was
in LOG.TMP.

I have TR in one directory & files in the other.  I
use batch files to copy those for the contest I'm
working & also to make a backup of what I had
saved the time before that.

So I finish working one contest, use batch file
to save, then another batch file to start another.
Save that, then switch back or to something else.

During CQ WW SSB I had stopped for the
evening & did a save, switched everything off,
then went to bed.  In the morning, the edit
window had reverted to something from some
point earlier in the contest.  Annoying one-off
I thought at the time & found the lost Qs in
the recording.

Just now, I changed from day-to-day log to
day-to-day RTTY log, saving then switching,
work something, save then switch back.  I also
did some editing to the files, but not the LOG.TMP
that changed.  Nothing I can UNDELETE has
those last five Qs in it.

LOG.TMP now contains Qs from about two hours
ago, but has time stamp a few minutes before
other files - I now can't recall exactly what I did
when to say if this is DOS time stamp of when
LOG.TMP first went back in time, or is after I
restarted TR & found it that way.  I like to think it
is the former.

There was no editing of files during CQ WW SSB.
LOG.TMP was right when shutting down, wrong
when firing back up.

This is with DOS 6.22 & QEMM, no caching.

It is like LOG.TMP is being written wrong on exiting
once in a while, but can only find out after it's too late.

Contest over on all exits now & sorry to who ever I now
claim is NIL. ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham