Re: [Trlog] [PVRC] Spots Unlimited ops etc

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] [PVRC] Spots Unlimited ops etc
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:22:41 -0500
Hi Cliff:

It IS possible to feed packet spots into TRLog if you have a
spare serial port.  I would recommend doing this...it also
makes making spots easy.

The first thing I would try in your case is httpdxcatcher.
I have never used this program but it is MUCH simpler to
configure than WintelnetX.

http://www.f5mzn.online.fr/httpdxcatcher.html

Configure a serial port (COM1) from the Windows computer
to match the TRLog configuration -

PACKET PORT = SERIAL 1
PACKET BAUD RATE = 4800
EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT = TRUE

It is unclear whether this approach supports MAKING
spots.  Try it!  :-)

Another way to do this is WintelnetX.  This will run on
a Windows computer with internet access and make TRLog
think it is talking to a TNC.

WintelnetX is available from
http://www.k1ttt.net/software.html#wintelnetx

Instructions which, if followed carefully, will probably get
this working are:

http://www.k1ttt.net/software/wintelnetx_w0yk.pdf

I do this at VY2TT.  It works fine but takes some time and
effort to set up the first time.

73,

Mark