Re: [Trlog] Adding FREEDOS (or MSDOS) to a WindowsXP Computer

To: <trlog@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Adding FREEDOS (or MSDOS) to a WindowsXP Computer
From: "ke5c" <ke5c@hot.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 15:17:48 -0600
> I'm not sure I understand all the mystery of putting Dos on an XP machine.
I guess if you have XP already on the machine that is what you're talking
about.

That's exactly what Mark has made possible, and that is why it is such a big
deal.

> If I'm missing something here I apologize, but I always put Dos on, then
XP.

What if you already have an XP installation and don't want to redo it?
Installing XP never goes smoothly.  You're missing a handful of drivers or
have to go get new ones.  Even a simple install takes a couple of hours and
complication ones can take a day.

73, John