[Trlog] Strange behavior - same QSO # sent

To: Trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Strange behavior - same QSO # sent
From: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:49:10 -0400
I was operating part-time in the Virginia QSO Party last weekend and ran
into a strange problem.

I was able to get on the air only in evening after other commitments during
the day; so I was only on 80 CW both nights even though my second radio was
all set up to work 40 CW (Another story, the low part of 40 was so full of
RTTY signals that I never even heard any CW!).

But back to the problem at hand.

VHF Q's are legal in the VAQP, so I turned on my 2 meter radio and worked a
few stations who were operating mobile in this mode. Since TRlog was set up
in SO2R mode, I logged them as 40CW Q's and since they were still in the
editable window I changed the band and mode manually to 144FM after working
them. This action may not be part of the actual problem describe below...

Here's the problem: The last two of the edited Q's were my numbers 74 and
75. After QSO #75 the rest of the log was on 80CW. My next three Q's in the
log all have the same number, 76, and the following three are all #77. QSO
numbers 78 and beyond all increment normally by one. I watched this
behavior as I operated trying to figure out what to do and was relieved
when it seemed to cure itself.

Has anyone experience a similar problem? I've never seen this behavior
before in using TRlog for over 11 years.

tnx es 73 - John, W4AU