Re: [Trlog] Help Please CW Pause

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Help Please CW Pause
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 17:11:52 +0000
From: W6SX   Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>

> At 04:06 PM 03 05 2007, Mark Bailey wrote:
>
> >This sounds like the CD drive is going to sleep and it is
> >taking time to "wake up".
> >
> >Are you copying the DOS boot files and TRLog files into a
> >RAM disk?
>
> No.  DOS is on the CD and TR is on a FAT32 on the hard drive.

[...]
> Problem solved?  I hope so.  Don't have an explanation.  Fingers are crossed.
>
> Thanks Mark, thanks Tree.
>

> 73,
>
> Hank, W6SX
>
> Mammoth Lakes, California

Hi Hank:

That may not have solved it.  Where did you get the boot CD?  We can
make you one that uses a program called Isolinux to copy a DOS boot
image to memory, so it doesn't read the CD after booting.  you can make
such a DOS CD following the directions at

http://k1ea.com/hints/Creating_a_Bootable_DOS_CD_V%201.5.pdf

Alternatively, does the FAT32 partition have an operating system?
If not, it would be very easy to install DOS permanently on that partition
and multi-boot the computer.

If it does, what operating system?

73,

Mark