Re: [Trlog] RealTime Score Reporting for TRLog

To: YCCC <yccc@yccc.org>, TRlog reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] RealTime Score Reporting for TRLog
From: Ron Rossi <kk1l@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:26:45 -0400
Folks,

I gave this a try running everything on the logging computer and it
seems to work out pretty well. This is not something that can be done
(easily) on a pure DOS computer. I think there are plenty of us running
TRLog on a Win98 or similar platform.

In order to prevent a window from popping up each time the program runs
you will have to set the properties to have RTUPLOAD.EXE run minimized
(right click in explorer, select properties, under program tab choose
"minimized" from the run selector). Also the "Start In" folder should be
the one with your log in it.

So this is really not all that hard to do. It is a two step process.
1) Set up a task scheduler job to run RTUPLOAD.EXE every 2 minutes.
(This should "Start in" the folder with the active log)

2) Run RealTimeScoreReporting and set it up to report every 2 minutes.

73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont
My page: http://www.comcast.net/~kk1l