[Trlog] Frequency Adder

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Frequency Adder
From: "Victor Goncharsky US5WE" <us5we@latorica.lviv.ua>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:03:52 +0200
I've been recently involved in European VHF contesting using
the home made transverter (24 MHz IF) and good-old IC-735 as the tunable
IF on 144 MHz.
This setup works great due to doubly-balaced mixer and high IP3 preamp.

Ver 6.79
Problem description:

LOGCFG.DAT contains the following lines

RADIO ONE TYPE = IC735
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 1200
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
FREQUENCY ADDER RADIO ONE = 119998000

This corresponds to the correct 144 MHz frequency in "TR-log frequency
window" with X-tal oscilator correction.

When trying to send the DXcluster spot using " ` " button, the program
sends the spot using the original i.e. 24048 instead of 144050 to the
dxcluster server.

While DX-Spider rejects the spot as being out of range, CLX accepts it.

Band Map shows sent spots and CQ/n correctly.

Hope this problem will be not difficult to cure.
A lot of people are using the expensive transverters (DEMI, Kunhe etc...)
for VHF/UHF contesting.

I wish I would use use my FT736R more but, for some reason, although being
one of the best multimode VHF/UHF rigs ever made, it isn't supported by
TRlog.

73, Victor US5WE (UW5W in contests)