Re: [Trlog] TR-Log USB question

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR-Log USB question
From: "Scott L." <scott73@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:36:41 -0700
>I would like to know if it is possible to use TR-Log and key the rig thru a
> USB port.  And, is it possible to get high
> quality paddle generated CW using a USB port?  I am willing to buy a
> converter, if necessary, to get this to work, hopefully for less than
> $100.
>
>   Scott W6CT

Thank you very much for all of your answers.

The summary is - I might get the keying to work thru a USB port, but there
is no guarantee that it will sound good, especially at higher CW speeds.

I am not sure if I will go with a new laptop computer that uses only 20
watts of power, and try to get the USB ports to work, or if I will stick
with my 60 watt laptops and haul a couple of very large batteries up to the
top of the local hill for Field Day in 2009.

   Scott W6CT