Re: [Trlog] Country file (zone) issues from 2008 CQWw CW

To: Gary Reichow <kn0v@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Country file (zone) issues from 2008 CQWw CW
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 08:59:57 -0800
On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 06:55:50AM -0800, Gary Reichow wrote:

>    I do have one question. I run TR 6.58. What's the deal with the '=' signs
> in front of the calls in CTY.DAT (CTY-1815)? No problem with the call, but
> the zone was not displayed until I removed the '=' signs. I only saw this
> with TO3R and TO4X. I tried the 'old' format and TR would not initialize. Do
> I need to edit the '=' signs out?

This is part of the new spec that the latest TR version adopts.  Jim is putting
those in as a way to make only those calls match up - as opposed to any call
that contains those letters.

For example, you should see an entry for KH6DX putting him in zone 3.  However,
you wouldn't want do this for KH6DXA.

Tree