Re: [Trlog] Parallel Port CW

To: "'trlog'" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Parallel Port CW
From: "Bob Wolbert, K6XX" <k6xx@ihwy.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 07:26:09 -0700
As Igor said, that's a very old version of TR4W.

I've been using TR4W almost exclusively for months, beginning with ver
3.something and am getting comfortable with it. That includes using parallel
port keying with my TR-DOS SO2R hardware. Note that you need to install a
parallel port driver if your windoze confuzer runs XP, otherwise the
parallel port won't respond.

Other Keying notes:
1. The paddle input is non-iambic
2. If your PC isn't relatively fast, you may see some keying stutter. My
Core 2 Duo/2.2GHz has ZERO timing issues.
3. The XP parallel port driver is included with the TR4W distribution file.
I *think* it loads automatically. Either way, once it is installed, you
never need to deal with it again when new TR4W versions come out.

73 de Bob, K6XX
www.k6xx.com