Re: [Trlog] Time to upgrade

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Time to upgrade
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 06:19:05 -0600
I have done the dual boot/FreeDOS thing with my XP machine. TRLog runs fine,
except for one big problem - serial ports. I was never able to get my
after-market PCI serial ports to work with FreeDOS, despite loading the
manufacturer-provided DOS driver for the serial board. Parallel ports worked
fine under FreeDOS with TRLog, with the DOS driver. Keep in my that you won't
be
able to you a USB<->serial converter under FreeDOS, either, unless there is a
trick I don't know about.

TR4W runs fine with my XP machine, including all serial and parallel ports.

73,
Steve, N2IC