Re: [Trlog] TRLog and USB ports

To: k6kyj@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TRLog and USB ports
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:30:18 -0700
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:28:14AM -0700, k6kyj@yahoo.com wrote:

> I am only concerned with CW keying on the rig. If anyone on this forum can
> provide some feedback before Field Day, it would be greatly appreciated.

I think this is going to be a problem with Vista and USB ports.  The
CW keying is not supported on USB ports AND the keying methods in the
software won't work well with Vista (if at all).

Your best bet is to find an old laptop in a trashcan somewhere that is
either running DOS or Win-98 and has real serial ports on it.

Tree N6TR