Re: [Trlog] [Fwd: [Bulk] Re: TRLog and USB ports]

To: "'John Harden, D.M.D.'" <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] [Fwd: [Bulk] Re: TRLog and USB ports]
From: "Bob Wolbert, K6XX" <k6xx@ihwy.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:57:08 -0700
Well, there you go. Two votes to the contrary.

I've used LPT, regular serial, USB-Serial, and WinKeyer keying on TR4W over
the past year without any complaints either from me or from listeners.
Several different rig/computer combinations were tried. The internally
generated Morse sounds perfect to me.

Most of my contesting hours with TR4W have been using the LPT port output
with relatively modern PCs, however. Mostly Core2 Duos running under XP. I
*believe* the 150MHz PentI keying was good, but I won't trust my memory on
that!

73 de Bob, K6XX
www.k6xx.com