[Trlog] K3 and mode weirdness

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] K3 and mode weirdness
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:30:47 -0800
     Operating in the NAQP this past weekend, I noticed on many occasions
that the mode in TR 6.78 would switch to CW very briefly before going back
to SSB.  Once in a while, this would happen right as I hit the ENTER key
to send a DVK CQ, and I would instead get CW out of the speaker and PTT
down (and I would have to wait for it to finish, as ESC doesn't work to
stop the CW keyer when you're in SSB).

     Am I the only one who sees this?  I never saw this with the Kenwood
TS-850.  I know we're using an older version of TR, but it's the last
stable version that works with the DVK.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com