[Trlog] IARU and mixed mode operating

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] IARU and mixed mode operating
From: "Mike Wetzel" <mjwetzel@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:45:27 -0400
I have not operated the IARU contest in a few years (at least seriously) and
I'm pretty sure this use to work FB but now it doesn't.

I normally use 6.93 but also tried 6.94 with no luck.

If Radio A is on 15M CW and Radio B is on 10M CW and a stations is queued up
using 'Alt-D' all works normal.  Call and exchange are sent and Q is logged
on correct band.

But if Radio A is on 15 M SSB and Radio B is on 10 M CW and 'Alt-D' is used
again the call is sent on Radio B but upon hitting enter to log the exchange
and the Q,  TR thinks Radio B is on SSB because it goes to transmit but
doesn't transmit any CW (maybe transmit exchange on SSB) and also logs the
contact on SSB rather then CW.

I think it has to do with the timing issue.

Can anyone suggest an alternate key setup to force TR to send the report on
CW and log the Q on CW?  Or any other patch that might work?

Thanks,

Mike W9RE