Re: [Trlog] FT1000D interfacing

To: Jasper---NE9U <skjasper@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] FT1000D interfacing
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:02:06 -0800
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 09:47:51PM -0600, Jasper---NE9U wrote:
> Are there any tricks getting a FT1000d to talk to TR successfully via a Yaesu
> FIF-232C box?
>
> I've been trying all night with no luck.  (no problems with same computer and
> my IC765)
>
> The only statements i can think of having in my .cfg file are these:
>
> Radio one control port =  serial one
> radio one baud rate = 4800
> radio one type = ft1000d
>
> I've been using version 6.73 and included this statement
>
> yaesu response timeout = 100

Do you know if your 1000D has the necessary firmware?  Sometime around 1993 or
something, they put out a firmware update to make it work for logging software.
If you don't have that version, it isn't going to work.

I used to have that information written down somewhere.

A quick google search found this:

http://lists.contesting.com/_yaesu/2006-06/msg00050.html

Looks like maybe you need version 6.

Tree