Re: [Trlog] TR linux web site

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR linux web site
From: Rod <LRod@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:54:09 -0400

Is that a good link? My (Linux) computer can't seem to get to it.

Thanks.

Rod
K4QG

On 05/16/2013 03:24 PM, Kevin Schmidt wrote:

I have put together a simple web site at <http://w9cf.hostoi.com>
for the linux version of TR. The program can be downloaded from there.
The program is also still available in the files section of the trlinux
Yahoo group.

The web site shows a screenshot of the program taken from my computer
after the ARRL DX contest. The low score shown is from a combination of
my lack of operating skill, lack of BIC time, and running 100 watts to a
trap vertical.

The current release supports K1EL's Winkeyer, but at least on my
shack computer, serial and parallel port keying work fine.

I have also played around with running the program on slax, a live
version of linux on a USB flash drive. Basically you download slax to a
USB drive, add trlinux, make the drive bootable, and then boot this on
any PC without touching your Windows install. You can then set up and
run the linux version to see if it does what you want.

If there is interest, I can post how to set this up.

73 Kevin w9cf