[Trlog] TR linux live instructions

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] TR linux live instructions
From: Kevin Schmidt <w9cf@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 17:22:03 -0700
The web site <http://www.kkn.net/trlinux/> now includes some notes on
how to make a "live" USB flash drive version of linux using your Windows
PC that runs the current version of the TR port to linux. If you want to
test drive the linux version of TR without permanently installing linux,
you can follow those steps.

The flash drive needs to have about 250 MBytes of free space. I used
a $5.00 8GByte flash drive I bought at Fry's electronics. The slax
distribution requires a 216 MByte download, an additional 4 slax modules,
and the trlog module -- each about 1MByte.

I went through the steps listed using a Windows 7 computer and then booted
the same computer using the resulting flash drive and the TR linux port
ran fine. It took me about 15 minutes with nearly all of that time
waiting for the downloads to complete.

Please let me know if the instructions are unclear.

73 Kevin w9cf