Re: [Trlog] TRlog / DOS 7.1 / 500Mhz processor / 1 gig memory problem -

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TRlog / DOS 7.1 / 500Mhz processor / 1 gig memory problem - solved
From: Paul Erickson <va7nt@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:18:15 -0700
Whoops, minor, but important typo corrected below.

Thanks everyone for the replies. It turns out the problem was with DOS 7.1, and I was able to solve the issue by replacing DOS 7.1 with Win 98-SE. TRlog is now running happily in it's own partition, and Linux (MacPup 5.28) is available for all the other chores. I would highly recommend this combination to anyone. I no longer have to rely on floppy disks to move data on and off the machine, and running Linux as root simplifies some of the editing tasks necessary to make Win 98 more efficient in this environment.

Thanks again everyone for your time and attention.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT