[Trlog] Linux TR version 0.37 available

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] Linux TR version 0.37 available
From: Kevin Schmidt <w9cf@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 10:33:30 -0700
Release 0.37 of TR for linux is available at <http://kkn.net/trlinux/>

Here are the release notes for the last few versions

73 Kevin w9cf

0.37
- Added a post option under utilities U then Y to download a new CTY.DAT
  file from http://www.country-files.com/cty/cty.dat which should make
  it a little easier to stay up to date. This uses libcurl which is a
  standard linux library.
- Fixed bug where the display flashed/flickered like mad when a rig was
  tuned to a duped band map entry. This bug was in the original DOS version.

0.36
- Included call to ask for low latency for USB serial ports. This may already
  be the driver default, but if not, it should make FTDI chips more responsive.
- Fixed bug where sound files were not being closed after playing.
- Made shifted alt keys the same as alt, etc. Caps lock can be used without
  causing the alt keys to stop working.
- With this version I have changed the compilation environment. Previous
  32 bit versions were compiled on a Slackware 13.37 machine, and the 64
  bit versions on a cinnamon Mint machine. For binary compatibility the
  code must be compiled using shared libraries at least as old as the
  oldest versions on a user's machine. Since both of these installations
  were getting out of date for actual operating system use, I have changed
  to compiling on chroot installations (and therefore with libraries)
  of Slackware 13.37 for both 32 and 64 bit versions. The compilation
  machine is running Slackware current. This automates the production
  of both versions from the git source archive, and should make it
  easier to make future releases. Please let me know if you find binary
  compatibility issues.

0.35
- Added Classic overlay to post.
- Added ptt when playing dvp files. Enable with ptt enable = true as in cw.