Re: [Trlog] YCCC SO2R box?

To: Martin Kratoska <martin@ok1rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] YCCC SO2R box?
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 00:36:54 +0000
On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 02:26:26AM +0200, Martin Kratoska wrote:

> Now my question:
> The Winkeyer USB documentation says there is 1200 Baud, 8 bits, no
> parity and 2 stopbits. The same is used in TR log for linux, the
> keyer works perfectly, I was unable to reproduce the error similar
> to  TR4W.
>
> TR4W uses only one stop bit. What impact can have to use one stop
> bit instead two?

Recently W9CF worked on the code to allow for a K3NG type keyer to
work wiht trlinux.  And for me it is working the same as the winkeyer
does.

Perhaps he can give some of the more techincal insights of what he is
doing or you can take a look at the source code.

The keyer that he make work most recently for me is this one:

https://hamprojects.info/mortty/

I have not used it for a long enough time to tell you if it has any
connection issues over time with trlinux.

I have used a real K1EL Winkeyer with trlinux for contests with no issues.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net