Re: [Trlog] LOG.DAT vs. LONGLOG.DAT

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] LOG.DAT vs. LONGLOG.DAT
From: "Wayne, W0ZW" <w0zw@fastmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 07:26:29 -0600
Thanks for the info Tree.  OK then LOG.DAT would have any edited changes made
using Alt-E during the contest, is that correct?  If this is true then only
LONGLOG.DAT should be edited and corrected to match LOG.DAT.

I couldn't quite follow the alternate procedure you were describing.  Which
question say "No" to?  Could not find the "P" command.  It sounds like you are
describing some kind of Merge which incorporates Freq data into the Cabrillo
file.  Could you clarify that process please?

I also struggled to create an ADIF file that contained both Received SN and
Frequency (the TR Log ADIF convert tool incorporates RST but not SN).  The
solution I came up with was to open LOG.DAT in ADIF Master (yes, it will open a
LOG.DAT file) then copy and paste the Freq column by opening the TR Log ADIF
file in another instance of ADIF Master.  Fortunately all the rows lined up and
the data appeared to be correct.  I used this file to import my contest QSOs
into DXKeeper.

Now if only LoTW would only come back on-line...

73,
Wayne, W0ZW