PC Interface query

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: PC Interface query
From: bill@akorn.net (Bill Fisher)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 19:37:47 -0500 (EST)
Setup the software for an IC-736 and it will work fine.  On NA Ver 9 you
should turn off Cde.  This function when enabled sends the frequency data
every time the VFO changes.  Well... as it turns out, Icom in it's wisdom
(lack) ran the DTS and RTS on the same line.  So basically collisions can
occur.  By turning off Cde, you let NA do the polling of the radio (which
occurs every second anyway).  Other programs don't seem to have as much
problem with the Icom radios and Dave (K8CC) has fixed the problem in the
most recent version that I am currently beta testing.

73

Bill

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Ron wrote:

> I am a new owner of an Omni-VI and would like to ask of more experienced
> owners what software they are using.  I am thinking of Contesting software,
> logging software, and controlling software.  Would I be correcting in
> assuming that CT has not added a control for the Omni-VI, and it is necessary
> to use the emulation mode.
>
> Thanks and 73
>
> Ron Pletter KG2BN

Bill Fisher, President  | bill@akorn.net        | Atlanta Internet Access |
Akorn Access, Inc.      | http://www.akorn.net  | and WWW Services.       |
770-569-1550            |                       |                         |