FOUND: VFO for my Omni-D

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: FOUND: VFO for my Omni-D
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 11:05:05 -0500
I have seen a high interest in the external VFOs for older Ten-Tec rigs.  I
spent a year trying to get one.  I was limiting my search to a 243 specifically
for the Omni-D.  That was not based on having a matching set, but on ignorance
of the compatibility of the various available VFOs with my rig.  What I ended
up with was the 263 VFO meant for the Corsair.  It works great with the Omni-D.
I could have broadened my search earlier had I known.  Does someone out there
know what the compatibility matrix is?  This would be a good bit of information
to have.

Can you believe that using 100% US Mail I (with the seller's help) achieved a
single weekend turnaround time?  I mailed a check from Vermont late Friday
morning to Texas.  The check arrived Saturday morning.  The VFO shipped
Saturday afternoon following receipt of the check.  The VFO was at my door with
Monday's mail.  Of course it cost a bit to ExpressMail the check, but the cost
of Priority shipment was very reasonable (8# = $10.40).  I wanted to have the
unit for ARRL DX this coming weekend.  Now I have a few days to play with it
first.

--
73 de N1PBT...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><