OMNI clicks?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI clicks?
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 11:49:50 -0700
Well, all this talk about the OMNI VI and its "key clicks" got
me to wondering.  I have noticed the OMNI's that I have been in
QSO with, and never heard a click.  I finally own an OMNI VI
and find that while the sidetone / AGC combination on transmit
are a bit rough sounding, I think it is the right compromise for
the QSK I like.

I got on the air with my own extra receiver and listened to my
CW note.  I hear no clicks.  While I was testing, a QRPp buddy
of mine came back to me at 900 mw down in Texas....and he said the
note was wonderful, and he heard no clicks.

SO, to those of you with clicks, my suggestion is to check the
innards of your radio.  In particular, page 4-29 of your OMNI VI
manual contains information about the CW waveshape adjustment
R24, which has its own adj. hole, embossed and drilled for your
convenience, under the bottom cover of the rig
(well, take off the bottom of the case, and
that cover has the location indicated, and you can do the adjustment
from there.)   I suspect you can make the note sound the way you
like with that!

Clark
WA3JPG