20m to 6m Transverter Kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: 20m to 6m Transverter Kit
From: seay@alaska.net (Del Seay)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 12:40:50 -0700
Shelby Merrick wrote:

> On the 20m to 6m transverter kit, will it only transmit from 50-50.35
> regardless of the transmitters limits around the 20m band, or will it
> transmit to the rest of the 6m band if the transmitter will transmit out of
> ham bands?  I own yaesu FT-757GX II and wish to use the transverter to
> transmit across the entire 6m band.  The radio is easily switched to
> transmit outside of normal ham bands.
> Thanks for the help and 73's
> KE4AKA
> Shelby

Hi Shelby. It's frequency limits are determined by the transmitter that
provides the 14 mHz drive.
It is a direct relationship - you move the 14 mHz transmitter/receiver
up 5kHz, the 50 mHz signal moves the same distance and direction.
If the driving transmitter covers a sufficient range of frequencies
to provide the source, then you can operate the entire band. However,
you may wish to look at the tuning when you get higher up in the band.
I enjoy mine, and it works great.
73  Del, KL7HF