Ten Tec 5xx models and prices

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Ten Tec 5xx models and prices
From: DFREY@maila.harris.com (DFREY)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 12:22:00 -0400
Stuart,            K5KVH rohre@arlut.utexas.edu

>What are the going prices for 509, and 515?  Was there a 508?

     If you can find a good 515 for under $200 it's a steal.  There was no
     508.

>Can someone comment on which are the better models, and whether receivers are
>superhet, filters, all mode etc.?

      tHE 515 IS THE FOLLOW-ON TO THE VENERABLE 509. (oops, too much like
      shouting)  The major improvements are the cryatal mixed VFO - much
      better stability and dial accuracy, esp on 10M, and the finals.  Most
      515's will do 8W or better on 80M.  The 505 was hard pressed to do 5W on
      10M.  The front ends are the same: superior sensitivity.  The filters
      were the same also.

>I am thinking all of these could do SSB >80-10?

     Yes.

     Dick, K4XU