Omni VI parameters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni VI parameters
From: kchen@gala.apple.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 16:50:15 -0700
Every so often, my Omni VI would come on with the tuning rate
set to the slowest possible.  In most cases, I can change it back
to the 5.12 Hz tuning rate using the proper incantations, and using
the arrow keys.  However, now and then I had to apply the soft reset
before the arrow keys would do anything (the rate would be stuck at
.85 Hz/rev).  And once, even soft reset would not do it, and I hard to
apply a hard reset.

I am using the Ten-Tec power supply that I bought a while back to use
with my old Omni V.  I have always turned the power supply's switch on
for a few seconds before turning on the rig's power switch, and apply the
reverse procedure when turing everything off.  Leaving the rig's power
switch on, and only using the power switch on the power supply to control
power used to truly screw up the display on my Omni V.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, and is there anthing
simple I can do about it?  (Like another missing bypass cap in some
other voltage regulator? :-)

73

Kok Chen, AA6TY                         kchen@apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.