Scout drift

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Scout drift
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 13:05:04 -0400 (EDT)
Although I don't own a Scout, I thought I would pass along this little
tidbit.

If you keep the heat sink cool, you won't have the sudden frequency change
when keying the rig at high speeds. I've qsoed several hams who have tried
this and last night while qsoing a VE3 at about 45 wpm, his frequency
shifted several times. I mentioned this to him as a possible soultion. He
quickly aimed his desk fan toward the heat sink and the problem instantly
quit. Others have found ways to mount the fan on the rig.

BTW, the Scout has pretty nice sounding keying.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky