Omni VI IMD modification questions..

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni VI IMD modification questions..
From: seay@alaska.net (Del & Jan Seay)
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 06:30:44 -0700
JAMES T BRANNIGAN wrote:

> I received the parts and instructions from Ten-Tec.
> Their comment was that the mod was simply not worth it for most hams
> and you would not be able to tell the difference with the parts
> installed.
> Anyone comment on that
>
> Jim WB2TPS

Well, whether you can or not, depends on whether you're in a high
rf environment. But - the difference in 2nd order intermode distortion
between  40dBm and 60 dBm is certainly important in a high performance
receiver. The effort and cost to make the changes is so small that I
can't imagine anyone making a decision not to.
73 de KL7HF