T-Kit 1220 follow-up

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: T-Kit 1220 follow-up
From: moore@moore.sr.unh.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 11:00:52 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for everyone's comments on my T-Kit 1220 debugging.  I tweaked
the CPU frequency last night, and the problem is solved.

I am now measuring the "squelch current" represented as DC at the test
point called "RSSI TP".  According to the manual, I should be getting
between 1 and 1.8 volts here when a carrier is present.  I am measuring
0.9 VDC with a closed squelch, and 7.8 VDC with an open squelch.  I have
not tested it with a carrier present, but this looks suspicious.  I will
take a look at the schematic tonight to see if I can gain any insight,
but in the meantime, if anyone has seen this problem before or has any
comments, I'd like to hear.

Thanks,

Andrew M. Moore
NV1B, CFO #963