Auto tuner, was Re: Omni V for QRP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Auto tuner, was Re: Omni V for QRP
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:29:35 -0700
Hmmm, serious venom aimed at the OMNI VI.  One has replied mostly
point for point, that's good.  I would echo all that, the QSK is
not as good as I would like, but other than that, I will own my
OMNI VI rather than the 1000D, etc.  I am not a contester or a
DX'er, but I do like to dig out the weak ones next to the loud ones
and snag them into a short QSO on CW.  I do like to hang out on a
nearly dead band late at night and find the weak SSB signals and
call them back.

The tradeoffs are necessary, and they fall where some like them, and
some don't.

Clark
WA3JPG