Model 240 (160m) convertor

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Model 240 (160m) convertor
From: cbrudtk@ntsqm1_out.mnet.uswest.com (Chuck Brudtkuhl)
Date: 22 Aug 1996 16:30:38 -0600
I was talking to a local ham who has a Model 240, 160m converter sitting idle
on the shelf.  In reading the manual to me over the phone, it appears as
though this unit utilizes the finals in the Triton for amplification and would
not be too useable for any rig other than the Triton.  I.e., it appears as
though the 160m (low level) output is fed back to the Triton where it utilizes
that p.a., then goes back into the transverter to pick up the 160m low pass
filters before exiting on the ant. jack of the 240.  Mention is made in the
manual of lack of accuracy of the Triton built-in VSWR bridge as it is looking
(now) into the input of a low pass filter.  Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

He has this unit for sale if anyone is interested and I can pass along his
tel. number if you wish.

He has never used it himself since he picked it up some time ago.

73, Chuck
WA0ROI