OMNI-5 mods

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI-5 mods
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:20:50 -0500 (EST)
Someone had questions concerning the "pin-diode mod". I talked with TenTec
about this today and they said that this mod was for the front end of the
receiver and would accomplish little or nothing.

They did mention a mod for the sidetone. Cutting the ground lead on
connector 80 to the sidetone might improve tone quaility due to a ground
loop in some units. Others may need the entire board supported with nylon
washers to isolate it from ground. I'll check this out tonight and post
the results.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html