KR-50 Keyers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: KR-50 Keyers
From: JKXM17A@prodigy.com ( ALLEN SMITH)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 22:26:07, -0500
I have one of these, bought it to add the total "Ten Tec" touch to my
Corsair station.  I was pleased to find one but was also somewhat
disappointed when I discovered the noisy relay.  The constant clicking kind
of distracts from what is other wise seamless QSK operation so
characteristic of Ten Tec.

I know I can always revert to my old Vibroplex iambic paddle and generic
electronic keyer but....it would be nice to silence this KR-50.  The
factory guys say their replacement relays are even noisier and suggested
simply stuffing foam around the relay to damp the clicks as much as possible.

Anybody got any other ideas, besides stuffing the whole thing in the bottom
drawer?

73/Allen - N0VA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html