YOU GOT ME

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: YOU GOT ME
From: Reid_W_Simmons@ccm2.hf.intel.com (Reid W Simmons)
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 96 11:17:00 PST
Text item:

   Mark;

   About five years ago I realized that my station was filling up with too much
   of that "overpriced, under-engineered, lightly supported, junk" from you
know
   where, and that Ham radio was no longer as much fun as it used to be.  So, I
   began selling, giving away, and particularly throwing away this stuff and I
   bought my first new Ten Tec - one of the early OMNI VIs.  I have never
   regretted that decision.  I did, however, have some sympathetic thoughts
   about those "suckers" who wound up with the stuff that I didn't throw away!!

   Now, Ham Radio has not been this much fun since my early ham days in the
   sixties.  I often take apart my OMNI VI JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!!!  I plan on
   acquiring as many of the Ten Tec accessories and kits as I can possibly
   assimilate into my station which is now 100% American made.

   Reid Simmons, K7YX
   (A loyal TEN TECer, and I plan on staying that way!!!)