Erratic RIT Fixed on OMNI-VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Erratic RIT Fixed on OMNI-VI
From: K1MEM@aol.com (K1MEM@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 16:23:36 -0500
A month ago there was discussion of a fix for an RIT problem. If tuned very
slowly, the frequency would jump up and down. I tried the suggested added
ground on the display driver board with no improvement. I have also noticed
the same effect if the sidetone is slowly tuned.
An engineer at TenTec suggested a fix, and it works for me. On the logic
board, front left corner (nearest the main tuning knob) are 2
unpopulated pads, near connector 99. Put .01uF disc caps in these spots. I
gave up trying to tack them in place, and removed the logic board. Took about
20 minutes in all. Only caution is at connector 99; there are 4 male pins on
the board, but the plug is a 3 pin female. Leave the pin furthest to the left
"open". And of course be careful that you replace all the other connectors in
the correct spot!

Jim, OMNI VI since 1992

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.html