Rigs and such

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Rigs and such
From: vhatley@flash.net (Vernon A. Hatley)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 10:30:31 +0000
        I have owned two Ten Tecs, an Century 21 and an Omni 5.  Both were
outstanding rigs.  I don't think Ten Tec has ever produced a really
bad rig; some are better than others, but all much better than those
from across the ocean.  But I do have one question I'd like answered.
 Of all the fine rigs Ten Tec has built over the years, the Corsair
II seems to be one most praised, even more highly (at least the
people I have talked to) than the current Omni VI.  My question is
this Ten Tec; since the Corsair II seems to be in such demand on the
used market, and since it has such a outstanding reputation; why not
bring it back into production?  You won't have any design cost; the
demand seems to be there, and many of us newer HAM who weren't around
when the Corsair II came out could have the chance to buy a new radio
legend.  Just a thought for what it's worth.
--
KK5RO
Vernon A. Hatley

--