Corsairs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Corsairs
From: prvalko@Oakland.edu (Paul R. Valko)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 02:24:51 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG wrote:

> were the main differences, and the Corsair II is a much prettier
> cabinet coloring.

Sometimes I think Clark says things just to wind folks up.

The Corsair II is a butt-ugly kinda deathly grey/white.  The Corsair I is
a beautiful dark grey and I think it is the prettiest Ham radio ever
built.

I distinctly recall seeing the C-II at Dayton when they first were
introduced (I still own the C-I I owned at that time) and thought, Oh my
God!  What have they done?  I really wanted the VBT and a noise blanker
that was more than a decorative knob, but I was unwilling to ugly up my
shack with that box.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

:-)

73 =paul= w8kc

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html