Paragon?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Paragon?
From: JKXM17A@prodigy.com ( ALLEN SMITH)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 21:12:30, -0500
This is request comments concerning the Paragon 585.

I currently own an original Corsair and a TS940SAT.  I have a chance to
sell the TS940 locally and am thinking of replacing it with a Paragon.  I
could only afford the 585, not the second generation Paragon II.

I would like to know what other owners/users think of the Paragon as a
morse machine, an SSB rig, the memories, QSK, a receiver etc.

I operate my Corsair only on CW and wonder how the Paragon compares for
that mode?  Due to audio derived AGC and other factors beyond my
understanding, my Corsair has a very harsh CW sidetone on QSK.  I can drown
out the "popping" of QSK CW by turning up the sidetone volume but that's
not really a good solution so I just put up with it.  There is nothing
wrong with the radio and a Ten Tec technician once informed me that the
condition is just symptomatic of audio derived AGC.

But I digress.  Back to the Paragon.  What do you think....would I enjoy
this radio? Is it a bit kinder to the ears on QSK CW?

To keep from boring the rest of the subscribers to tears, it's probably
best to send any response direct to me rather than the list.  If you think
it's of general interest by all means send an open reply to the list.

Thanks and best regards,

Allen - N0VA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html