OMNI V Rig Control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI V Rig Control
From: drasmussen@eosintl.com (Donald Rasmussen)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:29:06 -0800
From: "Don Whitener" <whitener@HiWAAY.net>

>The OMNI V has a degree of rig control possible via the rear panel
>RS-232 connector, but it would seem that none of the popular logging
>programs support the OMNI V.  I would seem to me that it would be
>possible to write a translator program, perhaps operating as a TSR, to
>convert commands and status from one of the standard rig sets to the
>OMNI V set.  Does anyone know if such a translator has ever been
>written?
>73...
>Don Whitener, K4BWU
>whitener@hiwaay.net

Hi Don,

As I heard it, the protocal is similar to the Yaesu commands. It certainly
wouldn't be any harder to program than any of the other protocals. I wrote a
Ken/Yae/Icom capable program (ProCat for Windows). The only reason TenTec
was not included was because I couldn't get a radio & interface to test
with! If any of you have seen this program, would like it ported to TT, and
could find a way to manage a test radio, I'd certainly consider doing the work.

www.qrz.com - prowin23.exe

73's,
Don Rasmussen WB8YQJ/6

--