Thank you for Corsair answers.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Thank you for Corsair answers.
From: GriffithJ@ricks.edu (James Griffith)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 12:49:20 -0700
Thank you for all the very helpful comments on the Corsair. After reading
the mail, and then re-looking at the adds, it seems to me that the Corsair II,
might be the OMNI V with out a digital button panel to access features,
and frequency. I under stand that other things would be different, like a
PTO as comparied to a microprocessor, and dual VFO's. But, basicly the
Corsair is the same receiver as the OMNI V.  A good radio without the
bells and whistles of the digital world. Is my thinking right? Because if it
is, that is what I want, an exclent receiver, like in the OMNI series,
without a microprocessor.

I am not a contester, but I do enjoy very carfully, tuning and listening for
CW that some would not try to work. I have worked some good CW DX
that was just a noisy hiss in the headphones. When I went to a newer
microprocessor rig, it seemed to me, I could no longer find thoes signals.
Thay may not have been good signals, but I always beat a pile-up when I
found them.

Jim, WA7NDD

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html