Noise on Scout rx?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Noise on Scout rx?
From: w2nra@netusa.net (Art Searle)
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 17:50:24 -0500
------------247A17D22E0B0

Robert Penneys wrote:

> I just got an old Scout. When using earphones, with the AF all the way
down,
> I hear a 1kc or so constant pitch. Any idea?

According to Ten Tec the audio output on the Scout  555 and Argo 556 is
not
a headphone jack.  It is a speaker jack and needs a load to get the
audio
amp into a usable level.  Put a pad in your headphone jack or (as I do)
listen
through another device like a DSP filter or external speaker with a
headphone
jack.

72, de Art

--
Art Searle, W2NRA, ARRL Life Member, NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, <http://www.nra.org/>

------------247A17D22E0B0

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Robert Penneys wrote:<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; I just got an old Scout. When using earphones, with the AF all the
way down,<BR>
&gt; I hear a 1kc or so constant pitch. Any idea?<BR>
<BR></DT>

<DT>According to Ten Tec the audio output on the Scout&nbsp; 555 and Argo
556 is not</DT>

<DT>a headphone jack.&nbsp; It is a speaker jack and needs a load to get
the audio</DT>

<DT>amp into a usable level.&nbsp; Put a pad in your headphone jack or
(as I do) listen</DT>

<DT>through another device like a DSP filter or external speaker with a
headphone</DT>

<DT>jack.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>72, de Art</DT>

<DT><BR>
--&nbsp;<BR>
Art Searle, W2NRA, ARRL Life Member, NRA Benefactor Life Member<BR>
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, &lt;http://www.nra.org/&gt;<BR>
&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>