[TenTec] RE: The New Omni-VI Plus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: The New Omni-VI Plus
From: dcalvin@austin.ibm.com (Duane Calvin)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 18:04:00 +0000
I'm not implying I'm an expert on IF Shift vs. Passband Tuning.  In
fact, I'm asking the question hoping that the Omni-VI doesn't work like
the Kenwood IF Shift.  What led me to believe that it does is the
reviewer's comments in QST which stated that it worked like IF Shift.
If it, indeed, works like what I describe as passband tuning, that's
good news.  I should have mentioned that the IC-765 was made with IF
Shift because of some kind of patent infringement action, but is very
easily modified back to PBT.  Hopefully someone from TT will clear this
up.

        73,  Duane   AC5AA
--
Duane A. Calvin      "All statements are mine only, not my employer's."
ac5aa@juno.com  -or-  duanec@prodigy.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html