[TenTec] Paragon Relay Noise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Relay Noise
From: JKXM17A@prodigy.com ( ALLEN SMITH)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:40:32, -0500
Has anyone else out there been annoyed enough with the "N/O Relay" dropping
in and out at the beginning and end of transmit cycles to want to stop it?

I just took possession of this nice, previously owned Paragon 585 and right
away became unhappy with the relay noise.  I decided to clip one of the
legs of Q18 on the Control Board.

It shut down the relay and I am now mostly ok with the rest of the
Paragon's quirks.  I have never run with an amplifier and do not plan to so
don't see how the loss of the relay will do any harm.  However, maybe I
missed something obvious, like a better way to defeat that relay noise.  I
would like to read comments from those who have already been there and done
that.

Thanks and best regards,

Allen - N0VA

--