No subject

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: phelbert@rica.net (Paul, Wv3j)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 22:10:05 -0700

>Has anyone else out there been annoyed enough with the "N/O Relay" dropping
>in and out at the beginning and end of transmit cycles to want to stop it?
>
>I just took possession of this nice, previously owned Paragon 585 and right
>away became unhappy with the relay noise.  I decided to clip one of the
>legs of Q18 on the Control Board.
>
>It shut down the relay and I am now mostly ok with the rest of the
>Paragon's quirks.  I have never run with an amplifier and do not plan to so
>don't see how the loss of the relay will do any harm.  However, maybe I
>missed something obvious, like a better way to defeat that relay noise.  I
>would like to read comments from those who have already been there and done
>that.
>
>Thanks and best regards,
>
>Allen - N0VA

My Omni V has been fitted with a small switch on the rear pannel to allow
the relay to operate or not.  This prevents one from having to open up the
rig to make or break a connection when making this choice.

73,

Paul Helbert - Wv3j

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html