[TenTec] Ten-Tec Receivers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec Receivers
From: peter@barville.demon.co.uk (Peter Barville)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 17:42:14 +0000
It is only in the last month that I have become the proud owner of my
first Ten-Tec rig, the Corsair II.   Consequently, I have only just
started to read this reflector.

I have been interested to read the recent comments about receiver
performance of the Omni VI (and other Ten-Tec rigs).  I find that my
Corsair II will cross-mod on 40m (in the evening, when the Eu broadcast
signals are *very* strong and numerous), unless the rf amp is switched
off (attenuator on).  This surprised me, because the rig seems more
susceptible to the problem of strong out of band (40m) signals than my
FT-890, which is able to handle them much better.

With the rf amp turned off the Corsair is fine, but I wonder whether the
diode replacement mod being discussed here would be of relevance to this
rig.  If so, I would appreciate further info.

There have been a couple of minor problems with the rig which I have now
sorted out, but I still need to clean and re-lubricate the vfo drive
assembly.  The vfo tends to 'get the jitters' when it's been moved a
distance along the band, but soon settles down again.  I'm told this is
a job that is normally required every couple of years, or so.

Peter G3XJS

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html