[TenTec] Paragon Power On Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Power On Problem
From: JKXM17A@prodigy.com ( ALLEN SMITH)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 11:20:02, -0500
My recently acquired 585 Paragon suddenly developed a problem this morning.
 I had the 961 power supply on to maintain memories and when I flipped the
Paragon front panel power switch all I got was buzzing in the speaker and
the meter lights.  The display itself will not light up except for the "VFO
A" indicator, the "time" indicator, one of the filter LED's and the "LSB"
LED.  The actual frequency, memory and time/date/tag display portions are blank.

I've tried turning everything off and on several times and I also pushed in
the red "reset" button on the side a couple of times.  Nothing works.  No
signals are heard, a loud audio hum is heard from the speaker, none of the
front panel buttons respond and the display is dark.  I also tried
disconnecting the 9V back up battery and then pressing the red reset button
but still no luck.

Any magic suggestions?  I hope this doesn't have to go back to the factory
as I just bought it (from a private seller) and  was really enjoying it.

73/Allen - N0VA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/TenTecFAQ.html